ChristianGovernance is a Biblical worldview organization.
Our Mission is:
- To provide an opportunity for Christian youth to be educated, inspired and motivated in their Christian walk to live out a Biblical worldview
- To train up the next generation of spiritual warriors by equipping them with skills in apologetics, so that they will be able to defend EVERY area of life under the rule of King Jesus.
Our Vision is:
- To Inspire Christian youth to live intentional, courageous Christian lives as leaders and influencers wherever God places them in His Kingdom.
- To encourage the growth of a generation of Christian leaders who will teach others how to apply Biblical worldview and apologetics thinking to a lifestyle in the home, church and community.
- That a Biblical worldview frames what one believes about ethics, science, politics, education, marriage, parenting, finance and much more.
- That the Scripture is sufficient and relevant for training in every area of life
- That Christ is Lord over private life and social order
- That the prayer: ‘Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven’ can only be answered with a generational vision of raising up and launching successive generations of image bearers of Christ
- That God has promised to ‘show His love to thousands of generations to those who fear Him and keep his commandments.’
There are three intersecting circles which represent sphere sovereignty, which we understand as the Biblical model for human social order. They represent: Parental government, church government and civil government are the spheres of authority. Even though they intersect, none has the right to sit over any of the others, interposing itself between God and another divine institution as a false mediator. Christ is the only Mediator between God and man, with respect to the governments God has established for human existence.
The bottom circles have been stylized as a “C” and a “G” for ChristianGovernance. There is a cross in one and a Bible in the other. Ephesians 6:17 calls the Bible – the Sword of the Spirit. The Latin for sword – “Spiritus,” is written on the sword.
The two components of a Biblical worldview are the Law of God and the Lordship of Christ. The entire Bible, in its particulars, has eternal bearing and command over the lives of all Christians. We provide a vision of Biblical worldview which affirms both the application of the Law of God to all of life, and the Lordship of Christ over all of life. This is what the cross and the Bible / sword represent in our logo.
Our new slogan is “A Worldview Compass”. You will note the compass inside the top circle. Just as a compass exists to help people set their course, and keep them from getting lost, a Biblical worldview helps people set their direction and chart the course for their lives.
Our Shield and Sword
One of the 15 Scripture verses found on Parliament Hill, is Ephesians 6:13-17, which is commonly called `the Armour of God` passage. This can be found carved in brass around the altar in which the `Book of Remembrance `is housed.
There are six images on shields which dramatize these verses: a belt – with a Latin inscription of VERITAS [truth] -for the Belt of Truth; a breastplate – with the Latin inscription of JUSTITIA [justice]- for the Breastplate of Righteousness; Footwear – with the Latin inscription of PAX [peace] …feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; a shield – with the Latin inscription of FIDES [faith] – for the Shield of Faith; a helmet – with the Latin inscription of SALUS [salvation] for The Helmet of Salvation; a sword- with the Latin inscription of SPIRITUS [Spirit] – for the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
Our faith in Christ Jesus as Lord over our lives and the importance of the Word of God is central to all our efforts.This is best represented by the red shield [of Faith] with the sword [of the Spirit] which is seen front and centre of every banner at the top of the event pages.